Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time to go home...

It's been a great trip, but it's definitely time to head for home. (Even introverts get lonely after a while).

My original plan was to head North today and loop through Gunnison, CO on my way to Colorado Springs and up to I-70. But Snow... The road north is snowy and icy this morning - maybe even closed. The motor coach bus service into Silverton was canceled yesterday because of it... So, I think I will head East this morning through Pagosa Springs and on into the Pueblo CO area, then North to I-70 to avoid the snow. It's like a local guy told me a couple of days ago - "Just when you start to take the mountains for granted, they get your attention.". True.

I didn't: do much deep thinking or writing on this trip - thought I would.

I did: practice my guitar and mando, watched almost no TV (caught a little playoff hockey & basketball) , read a couple of books, did a ton of hiking, caught up on my scripture memory, wrote in this blog, drove a ton of miles and had a great, relaxing time.

So now it's east through Omaha to see Calvin & Liz and then back home to Hanover, MI....

See ya.
Spi

3 comments:

  1. introverts get lonely? really? i've never experienced that.

    guess i'm not an introvert after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! sfl has officially blessed my blog with comments... that ranks way up there on the cool chart. \o/

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent trip, really makes me want to drag Cindi out of the house, jump in Bessie, and take the route.

    thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete