Monday, May 9, 2011

The 1st Trial of the Trip...

So, just pulled out of McDonald's onto the main N/S drag thru Normal/Bloomington - 'chug, chug, chug'- now a little red light that looks kind of like an Engine comes on below the speedometer. Great.

Get out the Owner's Manual. Hum, 4 possible root causes - One I can look at myself (Is the Gas Cap on tight?). Not that. Check the oil (I changed on Saturday), not that.

Get out the phone. Is there a Mazda dealership in town? Yes. OK, let's go there and have them take a look.

Dave says there is a recall on a PCM emissions component - they are failing early. It'll take an hour for them to check it and if that's it they will order it and have it tomorrow morning. Oh, well. We'll see. I guess I'm not in any real rush to get out of Illinois after all. Nice that there is a competent Mazda dealer only 1 mile away from where I stayed last night... What a coincidence \o/.

No comments:

Post a Comment