Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moraine View State Park...

Well, stuck in Bloomington/Normal IL for a second night... Needed an O2 sensor and a new PCM for the Miata which had to be ordered overnight. Glad I didn't have reservations ahead to stress about - I'm on vacation anyway. So this little overnight in IL is in honor of all those folks in the 40s, 50s and 60s who broke down on Route 66 before me.

Anyway, I found a beautiful little State park about 15 miles from Normal and spent the day there, hiking in the woods, eating lunch and playing the Mandolin. Had a great day. The May Flowers were blooming, the geese were 'talking' on the Lake and the sun was shining.

Tomorrow, the parts should come in and I should get on the road about lunch time...

 Woods by the Lake.
 May Flowers.

(Wow, the Sun really shows up the grey hair... I guess I earned it, after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment